Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Humble Pie

I'm sitting here "enjoying" a big slice of that bitterest of pastries...

The Good Lord showed me today in a real way that I'm not as smart as I thought I was. These gentle, or not so gentle, reminders of my sin and my need for Him should be cause for me to repent and thank Him for His mercy to me for Christ's sake, to show me my sin rather than to simply destroy me and have done with it. Its a further indication of this quagmire of sin that I know I should be thankful that my Abba is disciplining me, but I'm finding that hard to muster. My old sinful nature cries out, "Ow, that hurts! I am content thinking that I know it all and I do not welcome your suggestion that I'm not as together as I think I am. Leave me alone in my comfortable sin."

So it's time to go back to the font for a good, old-fashioned, daily drowning once again... let the kicking and screaming on the way to the waters begin.

Lord have mercy.
Christ have mercy.
Lord have mercy.

1 comment:

Peter Jurchen said...

Thanks. I needed that as well.