Saturday, April 18, 2009

Words Engraved in the Rock Forever

Then end of the first week of Easter is here, and still no comment from me here yet? Unbelievable. My soul has been crying within me of the joys of my Savior. How wonderful it is that I have been baptized into His death, and that I am now united with Him in His resurrection! Because of the manifold joys in my soul, my mouth has no choice, nor any desire, but to sing the praises of my Risen Lord. Because the best way to worship my God is to speak His words from Holy Scripture back to Him, I cry and confess with blessed Job:
"Oh that my words were written!
Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
Oh that with an iron pen and lead
they were engraved in the rock forever!
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,
whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!" (Job 19:23-27, ESV)
The benefit that I-- that we-- have in living after Christ's resurrection that Job didn't have, is that we know that his words ARE engraved forever, in God's Holy Scripture which stands forever (Is. 40:8), far better than any earthly rock that we know will be destroyed with fire in the last day (2 Pet. 3:10). We know more fully the truth that our Redeemer does in fact live, because we know the details of the history, as recorded in the four Gospels. Though we know more details than he, our faith is the same as his, because our hope is the same. We know that because our Redeemer lives, that we too shall live. And we hope to see Him with our own eyes. I can barely wait for that blessed day, when we will bid good-bye to all tears and sinning!

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

---
"Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his." Rom. 6:3-5

1 comment:

erinalter said...

what a lovely expression of your joy:) you are in my prayers, and i pray that you will continue to bless others, with your words and your actions!